GET YOUR EXCLUSIVE STX CONTENT
12 Things You Should Do as a Team in the Offseason
1. Start a Saturday pickup league and alternate sports with lacrosse, basketball & soccer!
Give those field hockey muscles a rest. Pick up other sports in the offseason to help prevent injury, stay active and have fun!
2. Find a recipe, go grocery shopping & make a meal together. Then, take it and surprise your coach.
Capitalize on the chance to have a team dinner that doesn’t involve spaghetti!
3. Team book club. Need we say more?
Field hockey isn’t just a physical game – it’s a mental game too. Learn how your teammates think, so you can be more in tune with one another on the field.
4. Take a doga class together.
Yup, doga. Short for dog yoga. Best combo ever.
Seriously, how cute??!!
5. Climb a mountain together. Not metaphorically speaking. Like an actual mountain.
Get out into nature, clear your head and work those leg muscles! (Plus, get lots of pics for Insta.)
6. Bring out your artistic side with a team paint night and ice cream to follow.
A little healthy competition never hurt anyone - see who has the best painting…or who can eat the most ice cream. Whichever you prefer.
7. Test out your coaching chops together by working a week of field hockey camp.
Your turn! Give back by teaching kids the skills you learned as a kid at field hockey camp.
8. Find a local charity organization and volunteer together (and keep it up during the season!).
Your team's already a force on the field - why not channel that energy and be a force for good in the community too?
9. Create your own Skill & Drill series featuring members of your team.
Share your favorite exercises and skill-building tips!
10. Take tips from the pros - catch a few field hockey games on TV and get some ideas for the season.
...Or be like the real pros and just watch Ellen.
11. Off the grid: go camping with your team (iPhone free).
Nothing says team bonding quite like ditching the iPhones and learning how to make it in the woods together.
12. Escape Room Challenge!
Up your mental game and team synergies by working together to find clues and escape in time.
Missing your squad? Here are 15 things only you and your field hockey teammates understand…