GET YOUR EXCLUSIVE STX CONTENT
12 New Year's Resolutions for Every Field Hockey Player
1. Take your drag flick technique from a solid B to an A+. I'm talking show-stopping, head-turning, game-changing drag flicks.
2. Promise yourself (and Mom): You will buy sunscreen. You will apply. You will re-apply. You will not have shin guard/glove tan lines at homecoming this year.
3. Memorize all the words to T. Swift's "End Game" 'cause you already know it's gonna be your squad's 2018 anthem. #endgame #firststring #ateam
4. Become your team's air dribbling queen/king just because.
5. Get in on the indoor action to give yourself a competitive edge for next fall. (Need some convincing? We asked Team STX athletes about their experiences playing indoor - here's what they had to say.)
6. Master the post-game selfie. Repeat after me: I will not be the one with my eyes closed in the team pic this season. #postupflawless
7. Watch ALL the braid tutorials on YouTube. Gotta perfect that fishtail. #bustripbraidgamestrong
8. Commit to the gym for some Alex Danson - esque muscles. Seriously, can you say arms/legs/abs?? #liftlikeagirl #killingthegame #strong #power (More on Alex's workout routine here!)
9. Eat avocado toast everyday with the totally legitimate excuse that it's part of your training regimen. #coachsaid
10. Be THAT person whose drive makes everyone else nervous anytime they are even near your line of fire.
11. Spend more time loving/petting/working out with animals. Official reason: it’s therapeutic and helps prevent burn-out. Actual reason: Life is too short not to spend as much time as possible with these furry, adorable gifts of nature.
12. Avoid people who ask you field hockey novice questions like this. Or at least respond with Ryan Reynolds/Blake Lively-level sass. #roasted